Tuesday 24 June 2014

WOYWW 264 Cushions

I managed to get quite a lot of the jigsaw puzzle from last week done at my sisters, mostly because my bag was left behind so I had no clothes or my book so all I could do was the puzzle!! Luckily my sisters and niece were able to get me some bits and pieces as I wasn't able to leave the house! Here's the progress so far (I had to leave it behind as it wouldn't fit in the car!) actually I managed to do a bit more but I don't seem to have a pic, all the bottom half is done and most of the sky (which was a pain to do) so it won't take long to finish when I get it back. 


Had a lovely weekend tho, and we surprised the parents with a wedding anniversary card (35th!!) and a holiday which we have booked for all of us to go to Swanage next year which will be great :-)

Anyway onto my work desk this week....well as I'm sure all of you mothers out there know dryclean only does not mix with babies so I'm giving my sofa a make over with some new washable cushions. As I couldn't find any machine washable ones I liked in the shops I've decided to make some so I've bought some white cotton and three colours of dye so I can mix the colours that I want! Hopefully I'll get time at the weekend, whether permitting when the other half can look after baby! I plan to use shibori to create a pattern using a limeish green colour and a teal colour...hopefully (there are not guarantees with dying!). 



And I'm hoping to experiment with the leftover fabric and some dylon due stripper. I can't get hold of the decrolin that I used at uni so I'm hoping this is a good alternative to practically remove some of the dye, will have to experiment with the quantities to get the effect I'm looking for! 

Thanks for visiting!

Emma x

Pop over to Julia's  http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/ see more work desks it's great fun and very addictive!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Emma, look forward to seeing the finished cushions they should look very effective but I understand what you mean about the unpredictable nature of dyeing fabric.
    Happy crafting, Angela x #43

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you're being very industrious gal..whatever happened to just eating and sleeping when the baby slept?!! Will await with huge interest your cushion story....youmake me smile at the way you casually refer to techniques (shibori) and products (decrolin) that I've never heard of. Makes me feel like a dinosaur!

    ReplyDelete