Tuesday 17 June 2014

WOYWW 263 Jigsaw puzzle.

Hi everyone,

I've been making slow progress with my baby blanket over the last week. Here's a pic just incase you missed it last week as Julia was ill, hopefully she is feeling better this week. 



This week I'm afraid my work desk isn't that exciting as I am going to be staying at my sisters on Friday as our husbands are away for trail marathon wales!

So I'm going to be on my own Friday afternoon at my sisters while she is at work and the guys are making there way to wales. As I can only take so much in the car what with the pushchair etc I decided that I would start putting together a jigsaw puzzle from Disneyland Paris that I bought for my dad quite a few years ago now that I want to put in my sons room. My sister has bought a frame for me so I'll be able to transport it back. I've sorted out the edge and corner pieces (in the red box) in advance to speed things up a bit, hopefully I'll get it finished! 

 
Hopefully next week I'll have something more exciting on my work desk as I need some more cushions for my sofa (dry clean only does not mix with baby's!) and as I can't find anything I like I'm going to dye and make some myself that way I'll get what I want! 

I'm going to use a technique called shibori that I learnt during my degree so that they will have some pattern on! The background of this blog is one of the pieces I did in my final year with a drawing I did over the top. 

Thanks for visiting!

Emma x

Pop over to Julia's  http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/ see more work desks it's great fun and very addictive!




12 comments:

  1. Good baby blanket Emma .
    Hand up to being a Disney fan & the puzzle will keep you busy while your away. Like the idea of putting it in a frame for your your sons room.
    Happy woyww Jill #9

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puzzles always look great framed up plus you'll have played with it before you frame it up hugs Nikki 6

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with the puzzle, it'll look fab up! great blanket too. have a lovely few days with your sister. Helen 11

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet baby blanket. I love puzzles but they don't like me! I have dyslexia or something when I try to put them together. Have fun at your sisters. Vickie #19

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the puzzle. Love 'em myself, just never seem to have enough time to indulge at the moment. Have a great weekend.
    Margaret #8

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to frame the puzzle.
    Hugs,
    Annie # 28

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovely blanket. Sounds like you are going to be busy at the weekend, have fun at your Sister's. Good luck with the puzzle too.
    Hugs Lisax #39

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Emma, happy WOYWW. Have fun with the jigsaw, my kids gave me one for Mothers day and its still in the box, love the wavy pattern of the baby rug. Cheers and have a great week RobynO#21

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute baby and cute blanket! Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #44

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emma, as long as you put an adorable baby in your post, no one really cares what your desk has on it! ;)

    Happy woyww!
    :)trisha
    #66 this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful baby blanket, and beautiful baby : ). Enjoy your time at your sisters. I love putting puzzles together, it's something I should do more often lol. Happy WOYWW! #51

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiya

    I've never done a jigsaw as an adult - apart from the ones you do with kids! So I imagine that doing the one you have there will be somewhat theraputic for you. Now everyone needs some of that!

    Happy WOYWW
    Paula #38
    xxx

    ReplyDelete