Tuesday 1 July 2014

WOYWW 265 Cushions part one

I managed to get the first colour of my cushions done. It didn't turn out quite how I wanted as the fabric was quite thick so I probably should have done it in smaller pieces, nevermind. 


It was pointed out to me that not everyone will know what I'm talking about (thanks Julia). For those of you who don't know shibori is, it's a Japanese dying technique using a few different methods such as folding and stitching as well as the more commonly known tie-dye. Decrolin is a chemical used to remove dye from fabric, mostly used as a paste but I created a method to use it like a dye. (bit hard to explain as I'm trying to keep this short so I'll try and do another post for any who's interested).


So this is the next stage on my work desk all ready to dye this week. Just needs clamping between two pieces of wood which I need the hubby to help with. Pegs are just temporary.


Thanks for visiting!

Emma x

Pop over to Julia's  http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/ see more work desks it's great fun and very addictive!

11 comments:

  1. sounds fascinating, hope we see the results next week! Happy WOYWW Helen 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. More involved than I thought ..... That's why it's so expensive to buy.
    I'm surprised you stayed away from the tennis long enough to do it
    Mum @7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma, ooow this is looking interesting, haven't seen any dyeing for a while so will be back to see the finished cushions Happy WOYWW and have a super week RobynO#8

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I didn't mean to 'tell you', more point out my ignorance. How fascinating, and yet again, you have the patience gene don't you...I love allthis stuff, but only vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the technique. It's fun finding out how other people do stuff. Looking forward to seeing the finished cushions.
    Have a fun week
    Gillian #28

    ReplyDelete
  6. How interesting, not sure I would have the patience but I look forward to seeing the finished items

    Jan S 46

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have only ever done a little tie dying - but always enjoyed it. Intrigued to see what happens next...
    Have a great week.
    Margaret #9

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a long day full of fun for me but that means this has been my first chance to call by at my blogging friends to see what they have all been up to so I'm sorry for the delay this week.
    I'm dying to know how it turned out [scuse the pun! :-) ].
    Hugs,
    Annie x # 17

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this kind of textiles work, I just don't like the mess I always tend to make. It's always good to see what it's like when you remove the bindings.
    Happy crafting and have a great week, Angela x # 48

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds very interesting! Looking forward to the finished color. Happy WOYWW!
    Carol N #50

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Emma,

    Sounds like you have a bit of chemistry background. I bet you are left with some very interesting patterns. You'll have to show us the finished project.

    Happy belated WOYWW
    Peace, Kay (60)

    ReplyDelete