Tuesday 29 July 2014

WOYWW 269 Crochet Jacket

Hi everyone, 

I decided a while ago to make my son a jacket from a crochet book I have, cute and easy crocheted baby clothes. And this week I've finally managed to make a start! (Below is an image from the book, so you can see what it will look like once finished, hopefully!)












I haven't managed much but I am making the 12-18month size (it'll probably take me that long to finish!!). Also I had a bit of trouble getting started because the pattern is a bit misleading. The special abreviation for v-st should actually all be in the same chain but reads like it should be in separate chains. I've found a copy of the pattern online so if anyone else fancys a go you can find it here: http://m.canadianliving.com/#!/home_and_crafts-crochet/crochet-a-cosy-hooded-jacket-for-baby/178b93d455b8bd14465cf499357caa07

The other reason it's going slow is because little man has discovered how exciting it is being bounced up and down on people's laps and now doesn't want to do anything else! (My arms are aching just thinking about it!)


I will edit this with a pic of my progress so far a bit later as I currently have a sleeping baby on my arm! 



I will put up some of my pictures from the airshow, it was amazing! Just need to find time to upload them all (there's well over 200!) 

Thanks for visiting!

Emma x

Pop over to Julia's  http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/ see more work desks it's great fun and very addictive!

11 comments:

  1. Love the look of the crocketed jacket...I used to do a lot of crochetting so please shout if you're struggling. The pic of the little man of course stole the show :-) such a happy baby.
    Hugs,
    Annie x # 19

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look at his sweet joyous face! What a great pic. I think with that and air show photos we may have to make you into a scrapbooker too! The jacket looks cute..I'm rubbish at working out when a pattern is misleading, so I admire your tenacity in hunting it down and getting it right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweetie & you did a good job with the jacket . I'm not that good when it comes to crocheting. Happy woyww Jill #46

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. Cute baby and adorable crochet! Love it.

    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (5)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great jacket. I'm sure your little man will love it.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's a cutie! Hugs and Happy WOYWW! Nan G #61

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the jacket, crochet patterns can be a bit tricky! Karen #18

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute crochet pattern for a cute baby! Nice to be able to see the airshow from your front room - my hubby and brother left home at 3:30 in the morning, drove to Dublin, flew to Birmingham, hired a car and drove down to that airshow!!
    Bernice #78

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's your problem some people don't read passed the first picture or just scan .... both babies look cute although the second one is much more so ... obviously ..... you can put him down you know ..... nag nag nag ... see you tomorrow
    fairythoughts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the jacket, I would like one just like it. The buttons are gorgeous too.
    Hope you have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x #38

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emma, what a beautiful baby and he's quiet, he's asleep! Bet he's a bit of a handful. That jacket looks nice, fairly easy to make, I remember I started to crochet a jacket for my niece and eventually finished it when she was about 8, didn't fit her, so you are wise to start a larger size.
    Chris #45

    ReplyDelete