Tuesday 10 February 2015

WOYWW 297 Competition

I know it's been ages since my last post but I've been so busy! I have been shortlisted in a print design competition this week! 

This is my entry:



Please vote for my design which you can do until midnight Saturday the 14th (GMT) here: http://byhandlondon.com/blogs/by-hand-london/17096064-once-upon-a-dream-fabric-competition-the-shortlist

I have been really busy looking after this little monster, who is now crawling, standing, walking along furniture and generally getting into everywhere he shouldn't! 


Last week he enjoyed his first time touching snow!


I've also been busy finally making the curtains for his room! It was my first time making curtain and I had to start with the more difficult type of heading (pinch pleat using a tape) and it was a 1.5 width pair too. Was slightly worried I was going to mess it up but thankfully it worked out perfectly! Just need to do a few finishing touches but I can't decide whether to put buttons on the pleats or not? Little mans room is now nearly finished, just needs a few pictures put up.  


I'm hoping to start designing embroidery kits soon so will try and start posting a bit more often! 

Thanks for visiting!

Emma x

Pop over to Julia's  http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/ see more work desks it's great fun and very addictive!

10 comments:

  1. your print for the competition looks fabulous, good luck! Well done with the curtains, I wouldn't know where to start..not that I would even think about it, ha ha!! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your print, the colours are great.
    And well done on your curtains, I've no chance of doing anything like that. Can't measure or cut straight
    Lynn //15

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the short list, and well done on the curtains. Pinch pleats - I am impressed! Your little one is just lovely - trust he enjoyed the snow - that takes me back a long time!!!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #6

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw bless him, that growing monster - doesnt seem long since he couldn't even roll over if you ask me. Love the curtains, you've done a great job. I'm a 'no buttons' gal...they just gather dust in this house! Have been over and voted - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emma, well done with the curtains, they look great, super design too, Cheers RobynO#12

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck to you. I love it. Happy VDay to you.
    Pat #71

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being short listed. The design is fab. I love the bold colors. I voted for you already through your mum's blog.
    You did a good job with the curtains. Well done! Oh, I wouldn't bother with buttons. They're just a nuisance.
    Have a good week,
    Lisca#38

    ReplyDelete
  8. The curtains look great! I miss my kids being that age!
    Margie V #80

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Emma, congrats on getting on the shortlist- I think we've all been and voted! Personally, I think buttons will just attract cobwebs and dust, lol. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #13 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on being shortlisted - what a bright and funky design :)

    Carmen x #46

    ReplyDelete