Wednesday 21 May 2014

WOYWW 259 Wedding Suit


Hi everyone, last week on my work desk was a shirt and trousers I was going to make into a suit for my son to wear at my sisters wedding. 

Well firstly I gave in a bought a patten but I think you'll forgive me as he is only 6 weeks old. Whoever designed that pattern clearly has know idea how big a new born is as we (fairythoughts (mum) and I) must have reduced it by at least half if not more!! 

Secondly being the idiot that I am I forgot the take the shirt and trousers to my mums where I was going to have a babysitter (Auntie Lucy) so I could actually get it done! Thankfully my dad donated a shirt and we managed to get a skirt from a charity shop for 99p! 

After all that with a lot of help from
Mum with pattern cutting (I'm not as experienced with making clothes as she is!) and Auntie Lucy taking care of Kilian we managed to make a shirt, trousers and waistcoat leaving only the buttons for me to sew on when I got home in less than a day! Not bad really!! So here's the result 
 


He is going to look so cute in this! I will put a picture up next week after the wedding of him wearing it! 

This week I am going to make my mum a gold work and organza brooch to wear at the wedding which is my own design (I know! I don't normally leave everything to the last minute ;-) ).

Thanks for visiting!

Emma x

Pop over to Julia's  http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/ see more work desks it's great fun and very addictive!


8 comments:

  1. Don't know what happened to the first link but I've done it again and it's working now
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma. What a cute outfit. Soooo tiny. What lovely memories you will have when you look back on your photos. I used to make my little one - now 30!, sailor suits. I loved them……he however was not quite so keen ;-) Happy WOYWW to you from Helen 68

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on that lovely outfit! Janet was telling us about the trials and tribulations yesterday :-) She showed us your fascinator, OMG, it's glorious. You are one talented gal!
    Hugs, LLJ 21 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a totally cute & gorgeous outfit ! Ali x #6

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see him in it! Have a lovely week, Chris # 17 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy WOYWW. Sweet outfit. Well done for making it so quickly. Ali x. #34

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute suit, love to see him wearing it. Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 41

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is that! I always find myself modifying patterns. Creative Blessings! Kelly #70

    ReplyDelete