Tuesday 13 May 2014

Hello and Welcome to my blog!

As this is my first post I suppose I should tell you all a bit about myself. I have just become a mother to a gorgeous little boy (who seems to have naturally developed a Mohawk!). I am also very creative studying both embroidery and printed textiles. I hope to upload some images of my previous work soon for you all to see. I am currently trying to finish a baby blanket and also create a suit for my son to wear at my sisters wedding (who knew baby suits could be so expensive!!). Luckily I have one of my old work shirts and a pair of my husbands work trousers (they conveniently developed a hole!) that I am hopefully going to turn into a cute little suit for him, fingers crossed! Will keep you posted on my progress...so far I've managed to create a leg pattern! Right better get back to it! 

Emma x

Oh and if you haven't guessed yet I love purple!!


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute! cant wait to see how he's grown at the weekend
    Good luck with the blog
    mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma,

    Welcome to blogland! I can't wait to see how you use the clothes you have to make a suite for your little one (and isn't he a cutie!). I came here from your mum's blog. I'll definitely join so I can follow you on your blogging journey.

    Peace,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay,

      Thanks for your lovely comments!! The suit is nearly finished but I'm waiting for Wednesday to share it! I had a look at your page and I have to say that I love batik fabrics too! Its a shame they aren't so easy to do at home but I love the vase that you made with it that's a really good idea.

      Thanks

      Emma x

      Delete
  4. Hello Emma, and welcome to the world of blogging. Your baby boy is adorable - love his Mohawk which, back in my baby days, was deliberately encouraged and called a cockscomb!!! You might guess I'm ancient :) Look forward to seeing your transformation of the shirt and trousers. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete